January can be a relief after the december festivities. Today though, seamed a bit bleak and empty to me. Maybe I'm just missing the christmas tree. Nah! To add a warm note to the day, I made some of these for when my kids get in from school. They are sort of like flapjacks, with the addition of some coconut. Yum. They go down a treat these. They'll also make a nice lunch box addition tomorrow.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup decicated coconut
- 200g butter
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- pinch of saly
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- On a LOW heat, melt butter and honey
- mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl except for the bicarb
- add the bicarb to the butter mix and stir. it will foam up, this is good!
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix in.
- press mixture into a baking tin of a pyrex dish. My tin is 23cmx35cm. You can go a bit smaller, nut not much bigger.
- bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 mins
- cut when warm!
- let is cool and enjoy!